Thursday, 28 April 2011

Day 1

What an amazing send off!! I, in all honesty, could not have asked for a better start to my journey. Friends, supporters and fellow adventurers were there in numbers to see me off. Some came as far as Johannesburg and Knysna!

As an added bonus, the weather played along and we had a beautiful, sunny day!
I had 2 cars following me. Hanret and her mom in the one and Telana (a.k.a. The one matchstick girl) in the other. My friend Jacobus right behind me on his bicycle.
Cristopher Venter and his girlfriend followed for a while on their scooter. Fellow adventurers Ray D. Chaplin, Ricky de Agrela and Justin Patrick Brogan waved and cheered as I passed them. It was really awesome having the guys there.

I made my way through the V&A Waterfront and all along through the harbour. Fellow cyclist, Sven, met up with us in Milnerton to cycle along.

I only did 50km today. I had planned on doing 80km but am afraid my cold/flu, got the better of me.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I will either spend another day in Malmesbury or carry on to Piketberg.

Thank you for all my wonderful messages, facebook messages and phone calls! Finally I am on my way!

No comments: