Monday, 31 January 2011

Outdoor Gear Sponsor - Guy Pearce

I received an email on Friday 28 Jan 2011 from a man named Guy Pearce.




In this email he asked me what the most important pieces of gear would be that I would like to get out of the way and what it would cost.
I replied with a list of my outdoor gear needed with costs attached.

Guy is the Chief Executive: New Business Development at the JD Group.
And he has sponsored the total amount for my outdoor gear needed, out of his own pocket.
In his words: "My proposal is I'll give you the total amount out of my own pocket (such things are quite tough to motivate in a corporate environment where the policy is only groups)."

This from an individual who has never met me!
Thank you for your support Guy! And for believing in me!

In return I will be giving a motivational talk to the staff at the JD Group.

Sponsored items include:
*Tent
*Multi-fuel Stove and soloist cooking system
*Clothing
*Petzl Headlamp
*Solar Charger
*Maps
*Sleeping bag and mat
*Water Bottles


It is the generosity of individuals like Guy who will make it possible for me to live my dream and make history as being the first woman to cycle around the entire African continent!

From the bottom of my heart: Thank you very much!!!

Facebook Group

No comments: