Tuesday, 30 August 2011

So much kindness

I’m battling to stay on top of the wave!

This morning four Angolan Cabinet Ministers, not their attachés or spokespeople or secretaries who whoever it is that Cabinet Ministers normally get to speak to mere mortals, PERSONALLY phoned Jolandie just to make sure that she that she is being taken care of, to express their sorrow for her ordeal and to assure her of their support! Awesome? Amazing? Unbelievable? I’m busy wearing out the pages of my Thesaurus, but my heart remains filled with gratitude at this wave of support and concern.

I’ve always hoped that there would be no need for me to restore the Needs List on this blog, but alas, there is a need!! I’ve scraped together bits and pieces of previous lists, and this is where the time has come, like the Walrus said, for you to turn to the Needs List page to put our Jolandie back in Wonderland!!

If there is anything that you can help with, or if you know of anybody who can help with anything, or if you know someone who knows someone, or if you have any suggestions or advice, please help! You know the story: please get your people to speak to my people!

With all the excitement of yesterday I completely forgot to post the link to an article which appeared in Die Burger – sorry, it is in Afrikaans only.



Thanks to each and every one of you for taking the time out to follow Jolandie’s journey and for your support and encouragement. And thanks to Hoteis Angola – without your involvement we wouldn’t have been able to look forward to sunny skies again!

I’d like to leave you with a quote I read on my friend Mariella Furrer’s site this morning, in keeping with the kindness being bestowed on Jolandie. Mariella's My Piece of Sky project is an inspirational journey of healing and personal growth.

"It is important to reflect on the kindness of others. Every aspect of our present well-being is due to others' hard work. The buildings we live and work in, the roads we travel, the clothes we wear, and the food we eat, are all provided by others. None of them would exist but for the kindness of so many people unknown to us." ~ Dalai Lama

Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!


Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.


1 comment:

Rotary Club of Edenvale said...

Thank you so much Angola you are a shining star in Africa