Friday, 08 October 2010

Stepping It Up

I attended the first FEAT event last night in Johannesburg at the Wits University Theatre, organised by adventure racer: Lisa de Speville. And all I can say is WOW!!!! I am still on a high!! :D
FEAT stands for ---> Fascinating Expedition and Adventure Talks

12 Adventurers, speaking on a theme around their adventures, with a 7 minute time limit each. It was absolutely amazing and a roaring success!!

Knowing that I will leave on the biggest adventure of my life in just 4 months' time, excites me, makes me feel anxious, scares me a little and feels totally surreal.
But last night just got my passion running in over-drive!! :D

I got some great tips and advice from fellow adventurers, made a number of mental notes. And the one thing I realized is: Working hard is great...but next week I have to step it up!! There are still so much I have to organize and finalize...sleep in the next 4 months will be extremely limited!!

I'm giving myself this weekend to relax, gather my thoughts and plan. From Monday...there is no time for taking it easy or stalling on ANYTHING! Going away this weekend for the first time in, I don't even remember how long. Going sailing with 2 of my dearest friends. Long overdue.

So fun and relaxed weekend, then it's into over-drive. :)

Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!


Facebook Group
Needs List

No comments: