Thursday, 15 September 2011

Angola Supports Jolandie

I have been bursting at the seams with anticipation of this announcement.

So much has happened in the last few weeks. From Luna being hijacked, to my being flown all over Angola. Staying with Zaire Province’s Governor. Specially chartered flights. Road trip back the way I came. A few changes to the trip.

There is no denying that Angola has gone above and beyond in assisting me when I really needed some assistance. Well, they’ve just gone the EXTRA mile.

The only thing that has changed in my aim to circumnavigating Africa is my chosen mode of transport. If you read my last blog update, you’ll know that I will now be circumnavigating Africa on a motorbike.

The goal remains: ‘To be the first woman to circumnavigate Africa, solo’.

I have been chatting to a lot of people around the issue of ‘which bike do I choose’? It’s all very exciting.

Now I won’t fool myself into thinking that it will be any easier. Sure, I’ll be going a little faster and won’t have to pedal at all. But apart from that, it’s still the same trip. Same challenges. Same dangers. More paperwork!!

I do not have a new launch date yet. Right now I am immersing myself in research and training – All about the bike.

Once I have a clearer picture on departure date and other details, you’ll be the first to know.

NOW:
Today I received some fantastic news! News that had me throw my hands up in the air and shout yesssss. If I could, I would’ve screamed at the top of my voice. But I’m incapable of doing so. I’m not a screamer! LoL

Negotiations are at an end and I can finally let it out:

I am extremely excited to announce that The Republic of Angola, in association with INFOTUR – the Angolan Institute of Tourism, will be the main sponsor of my expedition around Africa!!!!

Unbelievably, amazingly AWESOME!!!! Wooooohhhhoooooo!!

So, preparation and organization is now in full swing. I really am unbelievably excited!

To Angola, her people, government and country as a whole – Thank you so much for your amazing support! I feel this to be but the beginning of a long and fruitful friendship!

Ladies and gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!!! :)

(Can just see I’m going to become a total motorhead!) LoL




Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!
Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.


No comments: