Friday, 30 September 2011

Get Bike - Check

We’re back in business!!! Wednesday evening my beautiful new Kawasaki KLR 650 was delivered to me. It was quite a struggle to find her! But now she’s here.

Yesterday morning, for some reason, I felt nervous getting on the bike. It’s the biggest bike I’ve ever ridden myself. I’m very happy to report that we get along just fine though. What a beauty! I’m in love with my bike!! lol

It really is a beautiful bike. I know for a fact that I made the right choice. We have a looong way to go together. I cannot wait to get going!

Now that I have the bike, I can start working on other matters such as training, gear, paperwork etc. I’ll need to put in a lot of time on advanced riding training as well as off-road training. Riding a bike is one thing. Riding a heavily loaded bike through 34 African countries is another thing.

I am so up to the challenge. Well I set myself this challenge. New mode of transport, new tour, renewed internal fire. :)

There is still A LOT to do. But I’m aiming for a launch date in November.

Best I get cracking. :)


My beautiful new bike!!
'Out of the darkness and into the light'



Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!
Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.



No comments: