Thursday, 22 September 2011

Patience is a virtue

Or so they say. Whoever ‘THEY’ may be.

You know how when you really want something, time can seem to stand still and it seems like everyone is taking their time at delivering whatever it is you need from them? That’s how I’m feeling right now.

I consider myself a fairly patient individual. But yikes… I wish things would happen a little faster now. (At the same time this little voice inside of me says: Be careful what you wish for!!)

I want to get going. In order for that to happen, a great deal has to happen first. Like getting THE BIKE, for instance. (In search of ‘The One’.) Waiting on Angola for transfer of funds before I can start ordering all the gear I will be needing for the trip. Only when I have my bike can I start organizing the paperwork I’ll be needing for her.

A bunch of my gear will be ordered from the USA. Delivery of which, takes time. I still have to go for my motorbike driver’s license. Then get my international driver’s license from the AA and ‘Carnet de Passage en Douane’ papers for the bike. And of course for this, I need to get a bank guarantee first.

The visas won’t be an issue this time round. Acquiring my Angolan visa will be VERY easy! :) DRC and Congo takes 4 days max to get both. The rest I still have to get on route.

I also still need to go play around in the sand a bit. Get better acquainted with my ‘new Luna’. Which reminds me, I haven’t thought of a name for her yet. Any suggestions?

On a positive note: Thank you to Nokia for their ongoing support! I lost my ‘hands-free’ set. So they provided me with a new one yesterday and threw in a spare battery pack as well. Awesome!

Training is also going really well. Swimming in the mornings, walking and rowing in the evenings. I don’t know why I have this new-found urge to train. It’s not like I ever trained for any of my other trips. And that was WAY more taxing, physically! Then again, exercise can only be good for me.

Here’s hoping I’ll have more news by the end of the week! :)



Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!
Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.



No comments: