Saturday, 17 September 2011

Bikes, bikes and more bikes.

That’s what I’m eating, drinking and sleeping right now. I dreamt I was riding on a Kawasaki KLR 650 last night. Black. A sign???

It’s down to two bikes at the moment. I haven’t decided on which one I’ll be taking around Africa yet. At this stage it’s either the BMW F650GS or Kawasaki KLR 650. I guess it will come down to the one I’m most comfortable with, that’s easiest to maintain and most reliable.

Next week is devoted to sorting out licenses and finalizing the finer details with Angola. I still have to pinch myself every now and again. That a country, not even my own, would agree to support me in such a big way… remains unbelievable to me. It’s fantastic of course. Just still feels so unreal!

There’s a certain camaraderie among ‘bikers’ that I really enjoy. There’s only been one article on my ‘new’ adventure thus far and already someone has offered to GIVE me a bike that I can fix up and play around on.

I am yet to get to know the biker community in my area though (Melville, Johannesburg). So if you know of anyone or if you’re an avid biker, please give me a shout. Any and all advice/input welcome!

One of the to-dos on my list is spending some time in a workshop. Getting to know the ins and outs of a bike. I need to be able to fix anything on a bike. So if you can help on this front – please let me know.

Then, once I have the bike – it then becomes all about the gear! I love toys and gadgets! Very excited to play around with some of the new gadgets I’ll have this time round.

One of the things I would like to change is to implement live tracking. So you can follow me all the time. I’ll also be doing more video documenting on the trip. There’s so much going on. It’s all very exciting!

Within the next 2 – 3 weeks, everything should start falling into place.



Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!
Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.



No comments: