Wednesday, 28 September 2011

She's on her way!!

Wooooohhhhoooooo!!!

The wheels are rolling, in more ways than one. I’ve been struggling my hiney off to get the bike I want. Even had friends searching with me, for me… far and wide.

I’ve had a few people message me, asking me which bike I’ve decided on. There were a few correct guesses!

So now I can reveal that I will be circumnavigating the African continent on a Kawasaki KLR 650. Has anyone ever ridden through Africa on a KLR? – I hear you asking. Well, as a matter of fact. Yes!

Check out Lodie de Jager’s site. And thanks to his generous input, I am more than convinced that my new KLR and I will get along just fine.

For the last two weeks, all I’ve been doing is scouring online advertisements for second hand KLR’s. Each and every one of them sold by the time I contacted the owners.

Even a brand new one seemed out of my reach. Until yesterday when I phoned up Mean Machine Motorcycles in Menlyn, Pretoria. ‘We do have one, only one’ the sales executive said to me. Needless to say I immediately jumped on my bike (read Hanret’s car), and drove through to Pretoria.

Today I am the proud owner of my beautiful, brand new Kawasaki KLR!!!

Yessssss!!!

They’re delivering her tonight. I am excited beyond what words can describe!!!

I’ll post photos as soon as she has arrived. Yes, it’s a she. Of course.

Now I just have to decide on her name. :)



Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!
Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.



No comments: