Wednesday, 07 September 2011

Update - Being Home

It’s much easier to give a blog update when I’m on the road. I don’t even have to think about what to write about. On the road, there’s so much to take in and experience every day.
 
Something that did cross my mind yesterday was that: I have never flown so much in such a short space of time as in the last two weeks. First it was flying to M’banza Congo with the Governor of the Zaire province in Angola. Then specially chartered flight to Lobito. Then flying home from Windhoek.
 
On Thursday I fly to Richards Bay to visit my dad and younger brother. I haven’t seen them in over a year and a half! So, I’m really looking forward to catching up!! And then the flight back to Johannesburg again. (Maybe I should fly around Africa?!)
 
My pesky cold seems to have finally come to terms with the fact that I don’t like it and don’t want to be involved with it anymore. ‘It’s not you, it’s me – I’m just not that into you.’
 
My most precious Hvir (The Greatest Dane in the world) is sick. (Seems that the pesky cold is chancing it on ‘playing the field’). She has been to the doctor and I’m sure she’ll be wagging her tail again in no time.
 
Now… what’s happening on the ‘circumnavigating Africa’ front? I hope to be sharing some exciting news with you all pretty soon. Right now I don’t have any definite answers, but there is a plan!
  • It does involve a new Luna…of sorts. :)
  • It does involve going around Africa.
  • It does involve jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring, hold-on-to-your-seats-and-buckle-up-for-the-ride-of-your-life adventure!!! 
 
But you’ll have to wait until I have a definite YES!
 
Other than that, I don’t have much news at this stage. Though that doesn’t deter ‘La Domestique’ from giving me the ‘I’ll kill you if you don’t give me a blog update’ look every day! :)
 
Here’s to living your dreams, taking that leap. To getting up, dusting yourself off and carrying on. No matter how many times you may fall down.
 
‘Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you still land amongst the stars.’
 




 
Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

 
Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!

 
Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.

 


 

No comments: