Monday, 12 September 2011

Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. ~Robert C. Gallagher

Change is something that I am quite accustomed to. It is something I accept very easily and more often than not, look forward to. This is something that hasn’t changed in me. :)

A few other things have, though.

But first: an update on what I’ve been up to.

I’ve just spent a few days visiting my dad and my little brother in Richard’s Bay. It was great to see them and to catch up on all that’s happened over the last year or so. My time there also gave me the opportunity to reflect on all that has happened over the last few months and the way forward.

I even got to take a ride on the back of my brother’s new bike. I have never gone that fast on wheels of any description!!! LoL It was great fun!

I also got to play around on a bike to get in some practice.

I’m guessing you’ve all cottoned on to where this is heading by now. In the moment that my precious Luna was taken from me, it made me question my primary objective of this trip. In all honesty, after four years of fighting like a good trooper and never giving up – for the very first time I couldn’t get excited about getting on a new bicycle and carrying on from whence I left off.

For the very first time in almost four years that clear picture I had carried with me, of riding around Africa on my bicycle, wasn’t there anymore. It was very difficult to admit it, even to myself. One of the first thoughts that went through my mind was: ‘I need to do this differently’.

I realized then that my primary objective is to be the first woman to circumnavigate Africa, solo. That is the goal that lies at my core. And so, without further ado:

I will be continuing on my journey and I have now decided to circumnavigate the African continent on a motorcycle. So the dynamics change a bit. All-in-all the main difference is my chosen mode of transport.

I do have a potential sponsor but am waiting on a definite yes before I can make that announcement. I am working hard at getting back on the road as soon as possible

My needs list will change a bit as well, of course.

As soon as I have my ducks walking in a neat row again (not like they ever do), I’ll be able to share more details and the more technical aspects of the trip. For now, this update serves as an announcement of my intentions going forward.

I am sure that my decision will result in mixed reactions. But I am very excited about this change.

The adventure does continue.


Spending time with my little brother and... his bike!!!



Donations or country sponsorships can be done through PayPal – visit the SPONSOR A COUNTRY page for more details!! Otherwise, send Jolandie or La Domestique a mail.

Please drop by and visit my facebook group or my facebook page. Click on a country to see many more photographs of my incredible journey around Africa!
Lovingly maintained and updated by La Domestique.


No comments: