Friday, 06 May 2011

Day 10 - On The Road Again

Guess who's back, back again... :-)
It feels SO good to be back on the road again. I even got up before sunrise this morning!

For the last few days I have been staying with Piet Smit in Citrusdal. He showed me a great kindness in letting me stay for so long and feeding me every day and making sure I am okay. I am extremely grateful for that!

And now I am finally back on the road and feeling fantastic. Not 100% yet but much better!

I chose to take 'the road less travelled by' today. Instead of keeping on the main road, the N7, I chose to take a gravel road to Clanwilliam. It would be a good test for Luna and myself. The route provided me with awe inspiring surroundings as I made my way through, over and around the majestic mountains. But the going was not easy! There were numerous stretches where I just simply couldn't ride. Ranging from hectic rocky sections to hectic thick sandy sections!

Even so Luna and I made it to Clanwilliam in one piece! Made quite an entrance with loads of people yelling and cheering in the middle of town! LoL

I bought myseld an ice-cream as reward for doing so well today. That was the best ice-cream EVER! :-D

Tomorrow I head to Klawer!
Sent from my Nokia phone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I know that feeling all to well. 1000km throught on the back roads through the Kalahari. Wait till you encounter sections where you have to unload the bicycle and actually portrage everything along bits at a time. Love back road traveling.