Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Yes Please??

There are some things I just do not understand. I try to. I really do. But just don't get it.

Since I decided (about a month ago) that I was going ahead with the Africa trip, I have been working my butt off to achieve what needs to be achieved in order for me to live my dream.
I am a firm believer in that one has to work at what one wishes to achieve.

Though this week seems to be the week that will test my determination. I have had, and know I will have many more similar challenges.

I have sent out my proposal to NUMEROUS potential sponsors and partners. I have got Proudly SA to endorse my trip. I have pleaded with numerous organizations. I have put my story on so many sites and forums that even I can't keep them straight anymore. I can't even remember when the last time was I got to bed before 2am.

And this week the answers start flogging in. All along the lines of: "Sorry, but no".

Now don't get me wrong. This does not discourage me in any way. On the contrary it just makes the fire within me which is my passion for what I wish to achieve with my life burn even wilder. So to speak. :)
And I have achieved small triumphs along the way.

I have now decided...enough is enough, it's time.
It's time to step up my game. It's time to take out my miracle bag.
No more time for idle chatter. It's time for action in a big way.
Something radical is needed...and I have an idea. :)

No more no's accepted here. So you can say anything to me...just don't say no!!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" - Winston Churchill


Facebook Group

Needs List

1 comment:

Elise said...

I like it! that's the best attitude Jo. xxx